Otrivin Nasal Drops
Otrivin Adult Nasal Drops contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing congestion.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (1.0 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
For Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: 1 to 2 drops per nostril, 2-3 times a day. Do not use more often than every 8 hours. Prolonged use for more than 5 days is not recommended. Discard one month after opening.
- Blow nose gently to clear
- Tilt head back
- Insert dropper a little way into the nostril and squeeze bulb gently to release required number of drops
- Repeat in other nostril
- Replace cap
Warnings & cautions
· If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
· Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
· Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
· Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
· Excessive use may damage lining of nose
· If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use