Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment 100g
Treatment and prevention are very similar when it comes to nappy rash – both involve following some simple hygiene recommendations, such as changing your baby’s nappy whenever it’s soiled, giving your baby nappy free time, and using gentle products that are specially developed for your baby’s delicate skin. Regularly using a nappy rash ointment such as Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment may help soothe and prevent your baby from nappy rash.
A thin layer of Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment should be applied to a clean, dry baby's bottom at each nappy change to help protect against nappy rash and gently aid the natural skin healing if nappy rash is already present.
- Redness, swelling or spots on your baby’s bottom, thighs and genitals
- The rash may also feel hot to the touch
- Your baby’s behaviour might seem more troubled – they may cry when touched or washed, and wake frequently in the night because of discomfort
- Change your child's nappy five to seven times a day or as soon as they have soiled their nappy.
- Make sure you’re using the right nappy size. If it’s too tight, it can cause irritation. Test the nappy with your finger: it should fit easily between the skin and the nappy cuffs.
- Let air get to your baby’s bottom as often as possible. For example, let them go nappy-free before bathtime.
- When you go out, remember to take a clean nappy with you, so your child doesn’t sit in a soiled one for too long.
- Always clean your baby's bottom from front to back.
- After changing diapers, wash your hands well.
- Use clean, lukewarm water when washing your baby. Soap can irritate the skin.
- After cleaning, allow your baby’s bottom to dry in the open air for a few minutes.
- Avoid perfumed toiletries or wipes.
- Use Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment at every nappy change to protect against nappy rash. Lightly massage the ointment into the bottom to reinforce the skin’s natural barrier and help stop the urine and faeces from irritating the skin.
A clinical study has shown that using Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment to help protect baby’s skin at nappy change leads to a lower incidence of nappy rash. Bepanthen Nappy Rash Ointment helps form a transparent protective barrier on the skin, promoting the natural healing process, letting the skin breathe and helps prevent it from drying out. The ointment’s creamy texture is non-sticky, easy to clean, and can be applied effortlessly. It’s also free from fragrances, colorants and preservatives that may irritate your baby’s delicate skin.