Carbonyl Iron (30 tabs)
Carbonyl Iron tablets provide your body with sufficient iron for 3/4 of the maximum NZ adult daily dose for non-prescription iron in a single tablet. It contains 98% pure iron, unlike most other irons which contain iron salts such as iron fumerate and iron glucanate. Traditional medicinal forms of iron, such as iron salts are poorly absorbed. Absorption is often less than 1% of the amount present, and the unabsorbed iron causes other problems such as constipation (especially in pregnancy), or less commonly looseness can result. Unlike iron salts, elemental iron is virtually non-toxic. It is an essential trace element with a long history of safe use in foods and medicines.
- Well absorbed
- suitable for vegetarians
- Pregnant women
- Breastfeeding mothers
- People whose diet is low in natural iron, especially vegetarians.
- Women with heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Women who experienced blood loss after childbirth
- Growing children aged above 8 years with inadequate dietary intake of natural iron and vitamins
- Adolescents who may be prone to rapid growth rates, erratic eating habits or body image concerns
- People with conditions such as depression, dementia, or Alzheimer’s disease whose dietary intake may be lacking. people on fad diets
- People who consume excess tea or coffee
Each tablet contains:
- Carbonyl iron 18 mg
Free from: preservatives, sugar, starch, gluten, yeast or milk derivatives
Adult and children over 8 years: Take 1 tablet daily. Swallow whole, do not chew.
- Not for children under the age of 4
- Use only as directed – if symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions about Iron melts
- Vitamins can only be of assistance if the dietary intake is inadequate.
- Contains aspartame Phenylketonurics – contains phenylalanine.