Elevit with Iodine (100 tabs)
Elevit with Iodine is a pregnancy multivitamin and mineral supplement that has been specially formulated to help meet the increased nutritional needs of women who are trying to conceive, pregnant and breastfeeding. Elevit helps meet your increased nutritional requirements and supports your baby’s healthy development.
The key benefits behind the essential ingredients in Elevit with Iodine include:Folic Acid:
- During the first few weeks of pregnancy, before most women find out that they are pregnant, the neural tube has already developed or closed.
- Neural tube forms the baby’s brain and spinal cord, which is essential to the central nervous system.
- Folic acid, a supplemental form of folate, is clinically proven to reduce the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida.
- Iodine is an essential nutrient for the growth and normal development of baby’s brain.
- It is important that women planning pregnancy and who are pregnant or breastfeeding have an adequate intake to support the needs of their developing baby.
- Iron demand increases during pregnancy due to the rise in maternal blood volume, growth of the foetus and placenta.
- Iron helps prevent dietary iron deficiency. Iron is important in the formation of red blood cells which carry oxygen around the body so it’s a good idea to make sure you are covering the increased needs of pregnancy.
- Elevit with Iodine includes 19 mg of nicotinamide (vitamin B3), which meets the National Health and Medical Research Council's (NHMRC) current recommended daily intake of vitamin B3 for pregnant women in New Zealand.
Each tablet contains
- Folic Acid: 800mcg
- Thiamine Nitrate (Vitamin B1): 1.55mg
- Riboflavine (Vitamin B2): 1.8mg
- Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3): 19mg
- Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5): 10mg
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6): 2.6mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12): 4.0mcg
- Ascorbic Acid (as Calcium Ascorbate Dihydrate) (Vitamin C): 100mg,
- Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) 500 IU: 12.5mcg
- dl-a-Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): 15mg
- Biotin (Vitamin H): 200mcg
8 Minerals and Traces Elements:
- Iron (as Ferrous Fumarate): 60mg
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide): 250mcg
- Calcium (as Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate Anhydrous, Calcium Pantothenate And Calcium Ascorbate Dihydrate): 125mg
- Magnesium (as Light Magnesium Oxide, Magnesium Phosphate-dibasic Trihydrate and Magnesium Stearate): 100mg
- Phosphorus (as Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate Anhydrous And Magnesium Phosphate-dibasic Trihydrate): 125mg
- Copper (as Cupric Sulfate Anhydrous): 1mg
- Manganese (as Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate): 1mg
- Zinc (as Zinc Sulfate Monohydrate): 7.5mg.
- Take one tablet daily, anytime of the day. Best taken from at least one month prior to conception, during pregnancy and throughout breastfeeding.