Maltofer Iron Syrup (150ml)
Maltofer is an oral iron therapy for the treatment of iron deficiency in adults and adolescents where the use of ferrous iron supplements is not tolerated or is otherwise inappropriate. Many people do not get enough iron from their diet, which can lead to low iron levels.
- Clinically proven to correct iron levels
- Favorable tolerability vs ferrous iron supplements
- Fewer gastrointestinal side effects
- Less likely to cause constipation compared to ferrous iron supplements
- Does not require Vitamin C for optimal absorption
- Pleasant flavour
Each tablet contains:
- Iron polymaltose 370mg equivalent to 100mg of elemental Iron per 10mL dose
- For treatment: Take 10mL -20mL daily
For prevention: Take 10mL daily
- Preferably taken with food. Higher doses may be taken as directed by your medical practitioner
- Not for use in children under the age of 12 years
- Contains sucrose and hydroxybenzoates, sorbitol. The maximum recommended daily dose contains 12g of sorbitol. Products containing sorbitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
- If symptoms persist, see your medical practitioner