Otrivin Nasal Spray
Otrivin Adult Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride that helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing congestion.
Xylometazoline hydrochloride (1.0 mg/mL), benzalkonium chloride, sodium chloride, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, disodium phosphate dedecahydrate, disodium edetate, sorbitol, methlyhydroxypropylcellulose and purified water.
For Adults and adolescents over 12 years of age: 1 spray per nostril. Use 2 –3 times daily, as needed. Do not use more often than every 8 hours.
- Before first use, remove protective cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced
- Blow nose gently to clear
- Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once while sniffing deeply
- Withdraw nozzle and release applicator
- Repeat in other nostril
- Wipe nozzle and replace cap
Warnings & cautions
· If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
· Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
· Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
· Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
· Excessive use may damage lining of nose
· If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use