Microlax Enemas 4s
Gentle, effective relief within 30 minutes
MICROLAX® Enema acts where it is supposed to act: in the rectum. The micro-enema is gentle, hygienic and hardly noticeable at all when inserted into the rectum because the round tube neck is thinner than a suppository.
The combination of active substances releases the water compounded in the stool, thus loosening up the stool. The result is predictable relief within 30 minutes, like a normal bowel movement.
The laxative takes action locally so it is unlikely to cause bowel habituation. MICROLAX® Enema is gentle acting and can be used for children under 3 years of age and pregnant women.
- Twist off the cap and squeeze a drop of the solution out of the tube – that will make it even easier to insert the tip of the tube.
- Sit down on the toilet in your usual position or just squat down a little and insert the neck of the tube completely into your rectum. The small rounded tip is thinner than a suppository, and can be inserted safely and painlessly when used as directed, even for children under 3.
- Gently squeeze out the entire contents (only 5ml) of the tube into the rectum.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the tip from the rectum. Tighten your buttox muscles to prevent the solution from running out. Important: To allow stool to soften, it is important not to have a bowel movement immediately; you should wait at least 5 minutes.
- There will be a gentle bowel movement within 30 minutes after use. It will likely be a normal bowel movement that can be controlled.
After use, dispose of the micro-enema – so easy and hygienic.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredients listed on the carton.
Prolonged use of laxatives is undesirable and will lead to dependence. If symptoms persist seek medical advice. Store below 30oC. DO NOT SWALLOW.